Dr. Silviu I. Darie
Dr. Silviu Darie joins the Spacetime Technical Advisory Board backed by an illustrious profile spanning 50 years of research, training and consultancy in the power and energy industry.
As Vice President of Engineering at Power Analytics from 2005 through 2013, Dr. Darie developed the majority of the documentation for the EDSA/Paladin DesignBase. He is also fluent in competing power flow modeling software tools such including PSS/E, P55/U, SKM, ETAP, Easy Power, DigSILENT, NePlan, ASPEN, CYME, and PSCAD/EMTDC, conducting professional training course through-out the globe, training to more than 2,450 engineers worldwide.
His global industry acumen is impressively visible in his vast international exposure across USA, Canada, Romania, Suisse, Germany, Denmark, Hungary, China, South Africa, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, UAE, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Trinidad, San Lucia;
Dr Darie has worked on various prolific Executive Management positions throughout his professional career.
Honors & Awards:
- Life Award Professor of the University of Cape Town, Electrical Engineering Department;
- Romanian National Research Award;
- Cambridge Who's Who Lifetime Member;
- Honored Member of Strathmore's Who's Who.
- Master of Electrical Engineering (with Honorus, 1968);
- Ph.D. (Electrical, Engineering, 1974);
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), Romania, South Africa, New Zealand;
- Technical Specialist in Power System Computer Application;
- Former Vice President Consulting & Engineering, – EDSA / Power Analytics Corporation, San
Diego, CA, USA;
- Life Award Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Cape Town, South Africa;
- Professor Power Systems Computer Application, Computer Aided Power System Design,
Operation and Analysis, Electrical Installations, Electrical Energy Distribution and
Management, Strategic Planning, Power System Protection, Power Quality;
- Author-co-author of 34 technical books and textbooks;
- Author of 80% of the EDSA/DesignBase Professional Software Manuals and Tutorials;
- Research project contracts and projects for industry application: 190;
- Books in printing house: 13;
- Student manuals: 24;
- Published papers: 118;
- Prototypes designed for industrial mass production: 19;
- Holder of registered patents: 3.
- Power system analysis computer applications, electrical energy distribution, electrical energy
management; demand side management; power quality; transmission pricing; embedded generation; computer aided power system analysis and designs;
- Research area covers the modeling of power system components, power system analysis,
power system quality, harmonics analysis and harmonics mitigation, computer aided power system design and analysis, power system distribution optimization, power system protection, transmission pricing, electrical energy management, industrial installation, project investigation,
embedded generation, electro technologies, renewables;
EDSA / Paladin DesignBase, SKM, PSS/E, PSS/U, ETAP, Easy Power, DigSILENT,
NePlan, ASPEN, CYME, PSCAD/EMTDC.